AQUA VELVA

A Salute to 108 Henry Street.

Name:
Location: NOVA, HELL

I mostly walk around in 80's Hair Band tee-shirts with sleeves cut off. I found this goes well with my mustache and black Jordache jeans. I also drive a late-model mini van.

Monday, May 30, 2005

A Non Sequitur

My Big Fat Greek Wedding: One Act Play

Dramatis Personae: Ian, Toula, Aunt Voula, Gus, Angelo.


Scene 1: Ian is walking around New York City. He gets hungry.

Ian: Wow, I am having hunger pains! I will get my nosh on at the Dancing Zorba. That will cure my pangs.

Ian walks into the Dancing Zorba and sits down.

Toula: Hi, I’m Toula. I am nervous and fat and will be your server today. Oops! I dropped some shit!

Ian: You are very clumsy, even for a Greek!

Toula: You had me at ‘Hello’

Ian: What the hell are you talking about?
I never said ‘Hello’.


Toual: Oh no! Once again I find myself in an awkward situation! Will I never find love?

Ian: Uh, okay. Anyway, 2 gyros please, extra lamb.

Toula runs back to behind the kitchen where she consoles with her aunt.

Aunt Voula: Eat something! Then have some Greek sex!

Toula: But Aunt Voula, he’s not even Greek!

Aunt Voula: Then you must eat something! Then use these roofies!

Toula: You are my favorite aunt.

Toula comes back with 2 gyros and a large drink.

Toual: Sorry about before. Here is your food. And a drink I made special for you.

Ian: That is why I come to the Dancing Zorba, for the specialness!

Ian chugs his drink. Then starts to become loopy.

Ian [slurring]: You know, for a big fat Greek bitch, you’re not so bad. I could see myself boning you. Yeah, [Ian nods] I could totally put it in.

Toula: Oh Ian! You’ve made me so happy!

Toula leans in to kiss Ian but her huge nose pokes Ian in the eye from across the table.

Ian: Oh God my eye! What happened! Jesus Christ my eye is bleeding!

Toula: Whoopsies! Good thing Aunt Voula had a plan B.

Toula pulls a frying pan out and wacks Ian over the head, knocking him unconscious.


Scene 2: Ian wakes up confused in Toula’s home where her family is obviously throwing some kind of party.

Aunt Voula: Look who woke up! Here, you must eat. Eat, eat!

Ian: Who are you? I think I was drugged.

Gus: You know the Greek invented drugs.

Ian: Okay.

Toula: Oh Dad, leave him alone. So, Ian. You know you proposed to me yesterday and now we’re going to have a big fat Greek wedding?

Ian: That would explain all these god damn Greeks. Well, okay, I guess a promise is a promise. I just hope we don’t have too many uncomfortable situations because I’m not used to all this Greek culture.

Toula: I’m sure there will be. But don’t worry, I get embarrassed about everything and I’ll probably cry at some point too. Hey here is my cousin!

Angelo: Hey Ian, we’re gonna kill ya!

Ian: Weren’t you in N’Sync?

Angelo starts sobbing and runs away. Toula sees this, starts crying and also runs away.

Gus: Ian, there is too much commotion. Why don’t you go home and rest? You have a big wedding tomorrow. The Greeks invented pederasty you know.

Ian: Yes they did, Gus, yes they did.

Ian leaves the party.


Scene 3: The next day at the church, Toula’s family begins to file in. At the alter, they see Ian’s corpse swinging from a noose.

Gus: I knew my daughter should never have tried to marry a non-Greek.

Aunt Voula: Look! Ian left a note.

Toula slowly picks up the note and reads aloud: “I’d sooner hang then spend any more time with you screaming Greek cunts. I’ll see you in hell.”

This is my most awkward moment!

Angelo: Hopah!

End.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please don't hate on my renegade skillz.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home